I'm not sure if it was like this when we grew up but holidays seem to extend several days long. Avery had her first valentines party Wed night at her art class with dad. Then Thursday it continued at school and Friday she had some neighbor friends over and finally today we rounded it out with the real thing. Avery LOVES the colors, the hearts, the candy etc. Lila has a hard time understanding the "candy after muscle food" concept. So I have to hide it "up and away" as Avery says. We'll get there. We had a breakfast lollipop (after eggs/bacon!) and danced to dad's guitar which is always a hit. The girls got to have lunch with Hayden and Eme for Hayden's 6th bday. They LOVE to play together. Then afer an attempt at naps we headed to the city. I love that it is only a 25 min drive (with parking!). Hope is so good with the girls and they LOVE playing at Linda's house. We ordered pizza so Corey was in Valentines day heaven. The kids made a cake and we just enjoyed the company. Avery and Hope dressed up in all of Linda's amazing vintage jewelry. We had a great time. Thanks to Jackie, Jim, Linda, Patty, Matt and Hope for letting us join you! Now I have enough candy/sweets in my house for weeks...the negotiating beings! I think I'll have to give some away or I'll gain 10 lbs because my way of keeping it away from the girls is eating it myself. Which is worse? :) Until St Patty's Day....
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Valentines Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment